Tuesday 16 August 2011

Taster massages for charity – Sunday 21st August

On Sunday I’ll be at the Artisans, Arts and Crafts market in Berkhamsted Town Hall.  I’ll be doing taster massages of 10 mins, either Thai Foot, Hand, Indian Head or neck and shoulder.

All proceeds (there’s a minimum donation of £5) will be given to World Vision’s East African Appeal.  I have a long association with Africa.  My dad grew up in Kenya, and my mum’s South African, so the first time I went travelling in 1999 it was at the top of the list.  My planned 2 months there turned into 5, as I fell in love with the place and spent as long as I could.  I travelled from Kenya down to South Africa, then back up, then down again!

I have also been involved with World Vision, as a supporter, for a long time.  I first sponsored a child in 1995, Diane in Ghana.  When her family moved out of the area, I sponsored Mor in Senegal.  He is now over 20 and the project in his area has been completed, so for the last few years I have been sponsoring Aissatou, an 8 year old girl in another area of Senegal where World Vision is working.  I have also given general donations and contributed to emergency appeals in the past, but my change in circumstances has made it harder for me to do that these days.

However, part of my personal philosophy and goals for the business is to give back, and the need in East Africa currently is desperate, so I am finding other ways to do this.  I had thought of going to the market anyway to let people know about the business, so this seemed the perfect opportunity.

If you are in the area on Sunday, please take the time to pop in and see me, have a massage and some tea, and make as generous a donation as you can manage.  The market is open from 10.00 till 2.00.

If you miss me this time, don’t worry, I have more events in the pipeline for September – watch this space for details.

For more information on World Vision, see www.worldvision.org.uk

For more about the market, see www.greatmarkets.vpweb.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment