Sunday 21 August 2011

Day at Berkhamsted Market

I had a lovely day today at Berkhamsted Artisans, Arts and Crafts Market; I was a little nervous and didn't know what to expect, but everyone made me really welcome.  A sunny Sunday in August is maybe not the optimum time to get people to an indoor market, and we started quietly, but things picked up after midday, and there was a lot of interest in the stand from those who did make it.  The information and photos I had on my training in Thailand caught people's eye and led to conversations about my experiences (a subject I have no trouble talking about at length!) and I also heard some interesting stories from those who visited.  I gave a fair few massages, which were well received, and people were generous with donations for World Vision's East African Appeal.

So that's one event down, and a few weeks' break before the next one, at St Albans Craft Market on Saturday 10th September.  It'd be great to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment