Friday 15 June 2012

Charity Massage-athon for Healing Hands Network

I hinted a while ago that I was scheming away on fund raising events for Healing Hands Network, and that there would be a chance to get involved (for those around Hertfordshire anyway). I've been true to my word, so without further ado, here it is!


What is it?  A Charity Massage-athon. Ten-minute mini treatments on as many backs/feet/shoulders/heads as possible


When is it?  Saturday 14th July, between 10am and 4pm


Where is it?  St Albans Town Hall, alongside the Artisans, Arts and Crafts Market, and the St Albans outdoor market


Who can get involved?  You can! Please bring along achey shoulders, sore feet, stressed heads or tight shoulders for us to treat; we can't do it without you!


Where do I sign up?  You can e-mail me to book a slot at a specific time, which will help with planning, but you can also just come along on the day and book in, or if we're free, get a massage there and then!


Who will be doing the massaging?  At the moment, me! But I'm hoping to have a team of brilliant therapists joining me throughout the day. If you're a massage therapist, or massage student, and would like to join in, if only for an hour, get in touch. It's a great way to get loads of experience and meet lots of people, and it's fun too!


What does it cost?  A minimum of £5 donation for each treatment - but any more you can give will be truly appreciated and it all goes to a great cause.


How else can I help?  Help man the stand for an hour (or more!). Tell your friends about the message-athon, and encourage them to come along. Even if you can't make it, you can sponsor me - go to my charity page or e-mail me.


Who are the Healing Hands Network?  A charity dedicated to the relief of suffering caused by war and disaster. In Sarajevo, volunteer therapists treat survivors of concentration camps, rape and horrendous physical injuries. "HHN is one of the rare things I look forward to in life because its therapies have enabled me to laugh again." Peljto Behija, Concentration Camp Union. For more information see their website and this blogpost.


What if I have more questions? Ask me - just drop me an e-mail and I'll do my best to help.


Any and all support you can give me, by coming along, helping out or spreading the word, will be hugely appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Would you like to come onto West Herts Drivetime on Radio Verulam to talk about this? If so, email danny.smith@radioverulam.com

    ReplyDelete